Thoughts of a Middle School Teacher

The random rantings and ramblings of an 8th grade teacher in Texas...survival?

Thursday, August 31, 2006

My, How Time Flies!

Wow, it is hard to believe that my first two weeks are over tomorrow. This has been a beautiful beginning!

I have 6 classes each day but the numbers are sooooo low. I spoke with an old co-worker and found out that the classes at my old school are around 38+. WOW! That's all I can say. My largest is 30 and the others are less than that. These kids are totally different in their behaviors. They actually follow instruction to the best of their 13 yr old brain's ability. The halls are orderly and quiet. The cafeteria will be full of kids but the noise level is so different from my last job.

I did have to hold my first detention this morning for a young man with a terrible attitude...I am hoping that this will be the end of our problems, but I am not holding my breath!

Things are definately different and it is hard because I don't really have anyone to eat lunch with and I do feel alone much of the time. I know it is still early in the year so I am hoping to make some new friends.

I am sooooo glad that Labor Day weekend is coming up just so I can maybe catch up on my sleep...M will probably keep me up. She's moving to the new room at school in 2 weeks. I am not happy about this. I am sad that my baby is not my baby anymore...this feeling is so hard. I see how women have their children so close together to keep this feeling away. I even have caught myself thinking about another one. We just cannot afford the cost of another child. Maybe someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. H said...

Please tell me someone at your school has been smart enough to reach out to you!! You sound like a fun person to be around...one who really cares about the kiddos...so I'm sure that it's just a matter of time until someone comes along and realizes that! If you need/want someone to chat with...feel free to send me an email and we'll have a 'real-people' conversation. ;) livnntx2005 at sbcglobal dot net

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home