Thoughts of a Middle School Teacher

The random rantings and ramblings of an 8th grade teacher in Texas...survival?

Friday, August 11, 2006

What will they think of next?

Ok, so...wow...lots of madness since the last post.

Wednesday and Thursday were new teacher training..boring...most if the info was for 1st year teachers not teachers with experience that are new to the district. But I did meet some of my new co-workers and get to know them. H is freakin' hilarious, thank God she is there.

Today I show up all prepared to sit on my butt and work on LPs and talk to my hall neighbors when I find out that the new 8th grade teacher quit and admin decided to move me from my completely decorated and cozy 6th grade room to a filthy, trashed out 8th grade lab room full of the previous teacher's crap...I mean C-R-A-P crap! I emptied 3 filled cabinets, the teacher desk, a bookcase, and a large built-in cabinet full of old junk. I found activities and LPs dated back to 1982! I was 3 years old and my youngest brother wouldn't be born until 2 years AFTER these things were used! AMAZING what people will keep! The hardest thing was that my room was completely finished and I had to take everything down and move it.

I was a serious basket case this morning...almost comatose...seriously!

Now I will have to spend the evenings after inservice getting my room ready while everyone else gets to go home and be with their families.

Such BS...but I guess that's the way my luck goes!

All I can ask is...what will they think of next?..........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it was a hassle but.......did it pay off?!?!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home